Tested and Proven Ways to Build Your Subscriber List
Build Your Subscriber List using these 15 tips
When you start to be an Internet Marketer the one thing you don't want to skip is Creating Your List, and get engaged with your followers with Email Marketing strategies.
A list in your business is your asset - Remember YOUR ASSET! People following you do that for a reason: Believe in what you share or deliver.
What this means? This means you can monetize your list to benefit from commissions on the programs or products you suggest to them.
Of course there are some "rules" on how to promote and not "just sell" to them. Always remember to offer them the maximum value and info you can share.
In my opinion and proved technique it is more beneficial when you share by experience. If you have tested a product or service you can share your opinion on that also the key benefits it presents and how your followers can get if they buy or subscribe to specific program.
For example if I would decide to share the following suggestions to my list, that is because I already tested them all and I have the moral authority to present myself as a coach and not the same as million other internet marketers who bombard their email with claims of what their subscribers are missing by not using, auto responders in their business.
I must say, here in this detailed article are my affiliate links, but that is up to anyone to use them or not.
Remember, when subscribers sign up for your list, they’re signing up to hear from you and your company. Subscribers have to be earned. What are the best ways to build a list?
Here you will find 15 of most used tips by me when it comes to email marketing and list building.
With information collected during sign-up (or later), you can precisely segment your list and design your email communication to suit your reader's preferences.
As you attract qualified leads, you’ll be able to guide them through the decision-making process by aligning content to specific buying cycle stages.
- Offer quality content. Nobody gives up their email address for free. If you want to build a valuable relationship and engage your audience, you need to provide content that is worthwhile and interesting.
- Put sign-up forms on every web page. Your sign-up form should be everywhere your potential subscribers are. Make sure it’s visible and easy to fill out.
- Use social media to collect email addresses. Integrate your sign-up forms with social media platforms. Driving traffic from multiple sources allows you to build a strong email marketing list much faster.
- Design your sign-up form carefully. Ask only for information you plan to use. A good rule of thumb is that less is more — the shorter the sign-up form, the higher the conversion rate.
- Show samples of your content. Let your subscribers know what they are signing up for. Use your older content samples to “sell” the email sign-up.
- Include a call to action. Put a call to action in your submit button, e.g. Sign me up! This makes the sign-up process more engaging and improves the conversion ratio.
- Give away freebies. Think of a relevant incentive for your audience (e-book, infographic, whitepaper) and provide it for free. As this one i got for you!
- Ask subscribers to share. Take the time to prepare valuable, shareable content. Remember that putting the social share buttons is not enough; you still need to ask your subscribers to use them. Social engagement is crucial in our business.
- Build a content distribution strategy. Producing great content is only half the battle. Make sure it’s visible to the right audience. Define who your ideal audience is and find out where they like to congregate online. Then choose communication channels accordingly. Some internet marketers email their list twice a day or more. For me they are just killing their business. You need to treat your list as your friends but virtual ones. You don't do that to your friend, right? You treat your friend with respect. I have two kind of emails for my list - one is when a new post is posted here in my blog they receive a notification email for that, two is when I have a very specific info to share with them or a new product to present - remember based in my experience.
- Publish landing pages. Create a squeeze page where visitors can download premium content in exchange for their email address. A dedicated web page helps users focus on the call to action and increases conversions. Personally I use Instapage, Leadpages and SiteSuite. Leadpages and Instapage are free to join just by clicking and selecting your monthly package. In the other hand SiteSuite that is the ultimate platform of creating Landing pages that are compliant with all social media platforms, can be accessed for FREE only if you are part of HTA - but you can see the benefits by watching these Free Training and decide if it suits you. During this free training you will learn other tips and strategies used by the most known Internet Marketers out there. I am sure you will benefit a lot.
- Include testimonials on your landing page. Social proof helps build trust toward a brand and its products. Use testimonials from satisfied customers to help visitors make a decision.
- Blog regularly. Great content brings more traffic. Develop a realistic content publishing schedule and stick to it. Bloggers always says "Content is the Key!" and they are right. The more value you give to your followers and subscribers the better.
- Guest post on popular blogs. Publishing your content on other blogs is a great way to build relationships with other bloggers in your industry and introduce yourself to new people. Include a backlink to your blog, and your blog’s search rankings will go up. I love BlogEngage - Read here about my review for them.
- Collect email addresses at offline events. Be ready to collect email addresses at trade shows and conferences. Ask for business cards or use the Forms on the Go app to instantly add people to your list.
It’s time to get started to Build Your Subscriber List.
Now you know a handful of great ways to build one of the most effective marketing assets — your email marketing list.
Want more? Check out the new GetResponse List Building Program, available free to anyone with a GetResponse account — even a 30-Day Free Trial account. You see you have 30 days to just crush it online 🙂
To the next!